Saturday, November 26, 2011

Fatherhood

I feel that fatherhood (as is motherhood) is one of the most important callings that one can perform while in mortality. Like I eluded to above, motherhood is very important, and nothing I say or don't say in this blog means to undermine that vital role. However, today I wish to briefly discuss the importance of fathers.
My father drove truck for a living and because of that he wasn't home much as I grew up. I love my father and respect him. Also, I am so grateful that he worked hard and did what he could to provide for his family. With that said, I also feel that because he was gone so much he missed out on many opportunities and experiences to be with and teach his children. I think that he wasn't able to develop as strong of a relationship with each child as he would have liked. I know that my father realizes this and I think that it hurts him to think about all the stuff that he missed out on. However, I think that due to this he now cherishes the time he gets to be with his kids and grand-kids.
I am going to do my best to be the best father to my children. I want my children to know that I love them so much and that I will be there for them. I want them to be able to feel free to talk openly with me. I want a strong relationship with each one on an individual level that they can each trust me and share their feelings with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment