Saturday, October 29, 2011

Going from 2 to 3

An interesting transition in life is going from just you and your spouse, to having a child. We talked about things that would be really important to know as a family as you make that transition. My wife and I already have a child. He is about 15 months old and his name is Cache. We feel so blessed to have the opportunity to have him and to be his parents.
One thing that I remember that stands out to me when I was going through this transition is that I was really stressed. Don't get me wrong, my wife and I were really excited to be having our first child. However, as a student and being the husband, I felt the strain of finances. Its my role to provide for my family. I felt overwhelmed at the fact that there was soon to be another in our home that would need my support. Money was tight, but it always is being in college. I guess that I just learned a great lesson in Faith. I had to have faith that God would see us through it. As I realized that this great thing that was happening is so important to God's plan for Our happiness, I began to trust in Him more. I knew that things would be OK. And they were. We were able to get the resources we needed to make having our first child a wonderful experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment